Software for Transport models – Traffic Analyst for ArcGIS
Traffic Analyst for ArcGIS is a software for Transport Models; a toolbox for building transportation forecasting models.
The National Transportation Model for Denmark, GMM and the COMPASS model for the City of Copenhagen are both made with Traffic Analyst for ArcGIS. See more details here.
Rapidis invites local partners with Transport Modelling skills to utilize Traffic Analyst to create successful projects. Please contact Leif Dahl Petersen for more information.
Traffic Analyst turns ArcGIS into a fully functional transportation planning system. The core of Traffic Analyst is a set of advanced modeling tools which plug into the ArcGIS Geoprocessing framework, supplemented by dedicated editing tools for handling public transport lines and timetables.
This allows users to create sophisticated transportation models by using the ArcGIS Model Builder application and a selection of Traffic Analyst tools, which can freely and easily be combined with other geoprocessing tools.
May 2023. Traffic Analyst 8.0, now supports ArcGIS Pro 3.0 and ArcGIS Server 11.0
- Traffic Analyst works with ArcGIS Pro 3.0 and ArcGIS Server 11.0. Support for ArcMap has been discontinued.
- Traffic Analyst now requires .NET Desktop Runtime v. 6.0.16 or newer
- Traffic Analyst geoprocessing tools are migrated to work with ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Server
- Transit data map tools and turn edit tools are migrated to ArcGIS Pro
- Scenario managed layers are migrated to ArcGIS Pro
- Path Assignment and Path Mpme gp-tools supports reusing paths
- Model Manager has been integrated into ArcGIS Pro
- Model Manager also still exists as a standalone application for use with geoprocessing services
- Traffic Analyst now includes a Job Scheduler to orchestrate a queue of modelling runs with varying model and database requirements. The Job Scheduler works with server-based transport model deployments.
- Several improvements to LogFetcher
- Tests and adjustments carried out to make Traffic Analyst compliant and suited to deployment in an Azure cloud infrastructure.
Traffic Analyst 7.0 released with support for ArcGIS 10.7.1.
- LogFetcher executable added. This module supports polling ArcGIS Server installations for service logs and backing them up in a SQL Server environment.
- DTA Path Assignment tool added. Dynamic individual trip-based assignment using a continuous assignment of trips. This allows detailed modelling of spatial-temporal queue increase and decrease.
- Mixed Public Assignment tool added. A higher performance Public Assignment algorithm has been implemented, that supports a mix of schedule-based and frequency-based runs, as well as capacity restraints and crowding.
- Transit data map tools now supports editing and creating runs with frequency and capacity information, that can be used in Mixed Public Assignment.
- TurnGenerator tool, enhanced detection of primary vs secondary links for establishing turn priorities, e.g. for individually digitized carriageways.
- Model Manager features new user interface options and faster data transfers, requiring less space.