Traffic Analyst for ArcGIS
Traffic Analyst turns ArcGIS into a fully functional transportation planning system. The core of Traffic Analyst is a set of advanced modeling tools which plug into the ArcGIS Geoprocessing framework, supplemented by dedicated editing tools for handling public transport lines and timetables.
This allows users to create sophisticated transportation models by using the ArcGIS Model Builder application and a selection of Traffic Analyst tools, which can freely and easily be combined with other geoprocessing tools.
By completely integrating transportation modeling tools into ArcGIS, Traffic Analyst allows users to leverage all the powerful features of ArcGIS for visualization, editing, data management etc. when doing transportation planning.
- Forecasting traffic flows
- Analyzing accessibility
- Modeling changes in travel demand caused by changes in infrastructure, land use, policy, demography etc.
- Evaluating the consequences of major infrastructure projects
- Providing the basis for evaluating the environmental impacts of changes to transportation systems
By using Traffic Analyst, users can build complete and detailed transportation models or use the Traffic Analyst tools individually as parts of other models (for instance impact models). Traffic Analyst delivers essential geoprocessing tools for transportation modeling and allows users of the ArcGIS/Traffic Analyst combination to create and use state of the art transportation models in ArcGIS’s very intuitive, flexible and productive environment. Traffic Analyst includes tools for:
- Trip Generation modeling (factor, regression, logit)
- Trip Distribution modeling (gravity model, Furness)
- Modal split (logit)
- Basic matrix manipulation
- Road traffic assignment (deterministic user equilibrium or stochastic user equilibrium calculations) with optional intersection delay modeling according to HCM 2010
- Dynamic road traffic assignment
- Public transport as well as road traffic matrix estimation based on traffic counts (mpme)
- Public transport assignment (timetable based; deterministic user equilibrium or stochastic user equilibrium)
- Editing public transport data: stops, routes, timetables, etc.
Traffic Analyst also includes sample data, sample models and sample scripts for creating complete transportation models in ArcGIS with Traffic Analyst. Users can easily adapt all of this to their specific needs. All the calculation tools in Traffic Analyst plug into the geoprocessing framework in ArcGIS. This means that along with the geoprocessing tools delivered in ArcGIS, the Traffic Analyst tools can be used in scripts and visual models. Users can themselves easily create sophisticated transportation models by using Model Builder and scripts to combine the Traffic Analyst tools (and other geoprocessing tools) as they see fit. Traffic Analyst includes sample transportation models – among them a classic 4 step model – as visual models and scripts. Traffic Analyst makes full use of multi-core CPUs in computationally intensive tools.
Traffic Analyst works with data in any of the open formats supported by ArcGIS:
- Personal Geodatabases
- File Geodatabases
- Enterprise Geodatabases
- Text files
- OLE DB Databases
This means that data can easily be shared between users’ transportation models and other models, applications or projects. Traffic Analyst includes a tool for importing data in the General Transit Feed Specification format (Google Transit data).
Traffic Analysts provides sophisticated tools for editing public transport data and intersection data. These tools work in conjunction with the existing editing system in ArcGIS. Traffic Analyst includes scenario management tools.[/fusion_old_tab]Traffic Analyst can integrate with Network Analyst and extend its functionality. This is achieved by creating Network Datasets with Network Analyst and maintaining these with ordinary ArcMap editing. Traffic Analyst will then read all its necessary network information directly from the Network Dataset.
Traffic Analyst supports ArcGIS 10.6 and works with any license type.
Traffic Analyst works with Windows and Windows Server.
Please contact Thomas Israelsen for further information.